Jim Waving

Jim Waving

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Day 51 - Gainesville, FL to Palatka, FL

He is Risen!  Alleluia!  Happy Easter!

52.8 miles today
2,716.7 total trip miles
13.3 mph average
853’ climbing
FF - 3
MP - All people & groups unnamed as MP’s previous to today.  The sad fact is that I had only 45 riding days to choose a Motivational Partner for.  For that reason I have set aside this day for everyone I couldn’t name.  This includes those I know personally, as well as musicians, writers, teachers & actors.  Every connection has made me the person I am today & I am grateful for the wide variety of influences I have been exposed to.

This adventure is quickly coming to a close & fortunately Bubba knows the group needs to wind down so the last few days are reduced mileage & today we even had 20 miles on a bike trail rather than on a highway with traffic.  Right off the trail outside of Gainesville is a large nature preserve with all kinds of wildlife.  It was a great opportunity to get off the bike & look around.


I found it to be an interesting mixture of animals listed that might be on the trail.  I didn’t see any of the listed animals, but it was a great place to go birding.  This picture shows the swamp with a large Live Oak tree across the way.


My family is already gathered in St Augustine relaxing  & touring the city.  I still have 35 miles to pedal tomorrow & then dip my front wheel in the Atlantic Ocean to complete the Coast 2 Coast journey.

WDYLT - ILT the moss that commonly grows on the Live Oak trees & often hangs low is not really a part of the tree.  It is a totally separate plant that just uses the Live Oak as a host.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! One more day to go! You have done amazing and only have a short day left until you get to be with you family and share many stories and memories! You are an inspiration Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, Happy Easter to you and your family. I have been following your journey and want to say congrats on completing it with ease. Quite an accomplishment. Have a safe trip back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, glad you could follow along on the blog. Didn’t really complete the trip with ease, but managed to get through. Hope to see you soon.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your great achievement biking across America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clay - it was definitely quite an adventure!

      Delete

  4. It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a web site that is valuable meant for my knowledge.
    wood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day !!
    We are Christian Organization formed to help people in need of help,such as
    financial assistance, Do you need a loan to pay your bills? Do you need
    Personal Business Car or Student loans? Need a loan for various other
    purposes? If yes contact us today.
    Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People Only.
    Email: jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com
    Text or call: +1-586-331-5557.
    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete