Jim Waving

Jim Waving

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Day 52 - Palatka, FL to St Augustine, FL

36.2 miles today
2,752.9 total trip miles
12.4 mph average
305’ climbing
FF - 1
MP - Joanne, the love of my life & wife for almost 45 years.  I was really reaching above my status in life when I started dating the smartest, prettiest & interesting girl in high school.  It was the first big risk I had taken in life & since it worked out so well I have been taking risks ever since.  She is my soul mate, she helps me keep my life in balance & I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together.

This was the perfect way to bring the C2C adventure to a close.  Good weather, flat paved bike trails, easy riding, short distance.  I have taken almost 100 pictures of city signs across the country, but this is the one I have been waiting for.



When I arrived at our lunch location, my family had gathered there to greet me & we enjoyed a nice lunch together.  Then at about 1 PM, we all had to bike another 2 miles to gather for a final group picture.



We then biked single file for the last mile to the beach.  Dipping the front wheel in the Atlantic Ocean completed the Coast 2 Coast journey.


Here I am with Bubba getting the C2C medal.



What an adventure it has been.  I will need some time to process the whole experience.  Watch for a future post with some of those reflections.

WDYLT - ILT completing a Coast 2 Coast bike trip is a much more emotional experience than I expected & as Bubba would say “It’s All Good”.



18 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jim! Very inspiring - I will miss your daily updates. Have a safe trip back to Wisconsin.Looking forward to seeing you and hearing more about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. It was an adventure of a lifetime. See you soon.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Jim! What a treasure this has been to follow. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my reports Ryan. Hope to see you soon - there’s even more stories to tell.

      Delete
  3. Jim, congratulations! What a great adventure. Look forward to seeing you.--Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy - thanks for your support. Let me know when you’re in Milwaukee.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Jim! I’ve been quietly following your progress and inspirational journey. See you at the mill one day soon - thankful you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Dwayne. I’ll be back at the mill next week

      Delete
  5. Congratulations and Thank you Jim. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making a great bike Maria. Glad you enjoyed reading my blog.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jim, congratulations on completing your trip! Thanks for sharing, I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog. Have a safe trip home! From your neighbors Don and Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don & Jill. I’m glad you have enjoyed the blog. It was a great adventure, but I do look forward to getting home.

      Delete
  7. Can't wait for breakfast! Congrats my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I look forward to it too. Need to get it on the calendar. Thanks for following me on this adventure.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks for the warn and great post dear!
    tools

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good day !!
    We are Christian Organization formed to help people in need of help,such as
    financial assistance, Do you need a loan to pay your bills? Do you need
    Personal Business Car or Student loans? Need a loan for various other
    purposes? If yes contact us today.
    Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People Only.
    Email: jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com
    Text or call: +1-586-331-5557.
    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blogs.its very useful.
    Click our website to see https://marketingkingss.org/moving-company-4/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blogs.its very useful.Student Cheap Premium Account Marketplace - cheepx
    visit our website :
    https://cheepx.com/

    ReplyDelete