Jim Waving

Jim Waving

Monday, March 25, 2019

Day 24 - Comstock, TX to Bracketville, TX

76 miles today
1,324 total trip miles
13.5 mph average
1,361’ climbing
FF - 4
MP - Ray Brill (RIP) - a good friend since we were in 1st grade together.  Usually the smartest person in the room, but he didn’t believe it.  Music connoisseur who helped form my taste in music.  I miss him a lot.

Today started out cloudy with a slight mist, but warm enought to not be uncomfortable.  A couple of long, shallow climbs that I don’t mind.  The historical marker tour continues.  Here is an example of what I see.



I also am attempting to take a picture of every sign at the entrance to a city.  My favorites are the little green ones like this.


I have to admit that I have missed a few where it wasn’t safe to stop & take a picture, but so far there are about 20 in my collection.  Think I’ll make a collage when the trip is over.

One more long day of riding before a rest day.  Everyone is ready for that.

WDYLT - ILT the British parliament has voted to take authority away from the Prime Minister regarding the Brexit process.  I find that whole situation very interesting.  Doesn’t seem to me that there is going to be a good ending for England.


1 comment:

  1. I thought for sure there'd be a comment about the Tournament after the Brackettville sign! I look forward to 10:00 every morning to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete