Jim Waving

Jim Waving

Friday, April 5, 2019

Day 35 Silsbee, TX to DeRidder, LA

0 miles today
1,821.4 total trip miles
0 mph
0’ climbing
FF - 7
MP - my #4 daughter Jennifer & her husband James.  She is the “hugger” girl because from the time she was little, she was always ready to give a hug.  I can feel it today across the miles.  She has a big heart, a wonderful husband & my 1st grandchild Theo.

I hope Shakespeare was right when he wrote “discretion is the better part of valor”.  My knee is definitely better than yesterday after my romp in the mud, but I decided to take the day off riding the bike.  It’s no fun, especially when I see all the bikes coming into the SAG stops.

I rode today with one of the staff & it really gives a different perspective on this adventure.  Although I would much rather be riding my bike, it was still a learning experience.   I even learned a new way to spell “inconvenience” !


I did have lots of time to reflect on my MP for the day & I considered the challenge Jennifer & James faced when trying to get James’ visa for entrance into the USA.  If they could be diligent & persistent in the face of multiple bureaucrats, I can wait until my body is ready to get back on the bike.  I’m also reminded of the prayer “Give me patience, Lord - quickly please”

I will monitor how I feel overnight & make a decision for tomorrow in the morning.

WDYLT - ILT there is an awful lot of work, coordination, planning & dedication needed to run a cross country bike tour.  Thanks Bubba & staff.

3 comments:

  1. All right dad! You got this. I'm glad you felt the energy we've been sending your way! Is the sign what inspired you to think about our visa journey? It basically sums up the message we felt we were getting sometimes, lol! Keep going after what your want, even if it takes a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for your reflection on this challenge. It is helpful to read how you are living with this surprise experience. Your mental/spiritual preparation for the adventure is being tapped into daily. Thank you for including us on this road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I appreciate the most in these blog posts is that you are always overcoming some “inconvience” or another.
    I know you have your own version of Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome (IAO) and I’m sure you’ll see this current situation as something you’ve had to IAO as well. It might not be the way you thought you would, but you are still going, so you’ve definitely prevailed. - Ryan

    ReplyDelete